Area residents will be kicking up their heels at “BBQ, Beans, Boots and Jeans,” the 2012 spring fundraiser for Hospice of Marshall County.
The 11th annual event is scheduled for Friday, May 4, at the Guntersville Senior Center located at 1500 Sunset Drive. Festivities will begin at 6:30 p.m. and include entertainment by music band Country Case, food catered by Crawmama’s and a silent auction with a wide variety of items donated by local businesses and individuals. Such items include:
• five nights stay at a beach house in Orange Beach;
• a handmade turquoise necklace;
• a gardening basket;
• a golf package for four at Cherokee Ridge Country Club in Union Grove;
• a pair of ladies cowboy boots from Generations Footwear in Guntersville;
• an Alabama Crimson Tide football basket, which includes two tickets to a football game in the South Zone club seats;
• a restored quilt appraised at $375; and
• baskets with two $50 gift certificates for the Trading Post Boot Store in Albertville;
“The silent auction is really kind of fun,” said Vickie Watson, public relations assistant for HMC. “People really keep their eye on what they bid on, and the food is always fabulous.”
Guests can let loose and have fun, whether they’re dancing, enjoying the music or taking in the sunset on the back porch of the Center.
“Some people like to sit outside, and there’s also other rooms that have tables if you want to get away from all the music,” Watson said.
Tickets are $100 per couple, and all proceeds go to help the ministry of HMC. The nonprofit, United Way partnering agency provides end-of-life care for patients and their families.
The 2011 fundraiser brought in $27,000, and organizers have set a goal of $25,000 this year. Tickets may be purchased at to door or in advance at the HMC office, located on Martling Road in Albertville or by calling 256-891-7724.