The Albertville Board of Education approved the following personnel actions:
Leave of Absences
- Jennifer Young, library media specialist at Albertville Primary school, requested a medical leave in accordance with Family Medical Leave Act, effective Jan. 10 through March 11.
- Valerie Johnson, teacher at Evans Elementary, requested a maternity leave in accordance with FMLA, effective March 27 through May 28.
- Jessica Dooley, teacher at Albertville Primary School, requested a maternity leave, effective April 15 through Aug. 30.
- Meagen Minnix, teacher at Albertville Primary School, requested a maternity leave, effective April 15 through May 28.
- Amanda Tiner, teacher at Evans Elementary, requested a maternity leave, effective May 1 through May 28.
- Madison Lang, teacher at Albertville Primary School, requested a catastrophic medical leave to care for spouse in accordance with FMLA, effective Jan. 30 through Feb. 22.
- Peggy Williams, aide at Albertville Middle School, requested a medical leave in accordance with FMLA, effective March 18 through April 29.
Retirements and Resignations
- Theresa Morrow, resigned as bus driver, effective Feb. 6, 2019.
- Joshua Phillips, utility bus driver to route bus driver, effective Feb. 20.
- Tamara Gibson, utility bus driver, effective Feb. 20.
- Audrey Glitzer, Albertville High School assistant softball coach, to be paid $1,000 from softball boosters, effective Feb. 20, 2019.
- The board approved the following independent contracts:
- Taylor Gwaltey to provide goal keeper training two times a week for soccer from January-May. He will be paid $500 from the soccer fund.
- Avery Tucker, to fulfill the independent contract of Mike Weaver for choreography that was approved March 27, 2018, for the completion of the 2018-19 Albertville High School CenterStage season. He will be paid $1,800 from choir funds.
- Katrina Reed, to provide hair service for CenSations and CenterStage throughout the 2019 season at a daily rate of $25 a day, not to exceed $300.
- Mary Elizabeth Bates, to teach lesson instruction with band students from Feb. 20 through March 14. She will be paid a total of $500 from band funds.
- Hunter Musso, to be an assistant junior varsity baseball coach effective February thru May. He will be paid a total of $1,000 from the Baseball Diamond Booster Club.
- Terry Atlee, to present a WWI program on March 8, 2019 in the South Hall. For this, he will be paid $150 from AHS General Fund.
- Carlos Merino, to be an assistant ninth grade basketball coach for the 2018-19. He will be paid $1,000 from AHS Basketball.
- Eron Smith, to hold a Show Choir workshop Feb. 25 at Albertville High School. For this, he will be paid $400 from choir funds.