Whether you want to admit it or not, we all have a specific Taco Bell order that’s our “go-to.”
This dip offers flavors of the classic Mexican pizza we have all loved at one point in our lives.
But it’s a little better for you.
Plus, just stay in pj’s and enjoy it with no judgement.
Mexican Pizza Dip
1 - 8 oz. block cream cheese at room temperature
1 - 4 oz. can green chilies, drained
1 - 14 oz. can refried beans, I prefer Rosita brand
1 teaspoon each of cumin, chili powder and onion powder
1 - 10 oz. can Rotel, drained
1 ½ cups grated Monterey jack/Cheddar mix, not pre-shredded
¼ cup sliced black olives
¼ cup chopped cilantro, or more to taste
Taco Bell sauce – find the mild and hot at a local grocery store around salsa and taco fixings. Must have the Taco Bell sauce to give it that true Mexican pizza flavor.
Tortilla chips for dipping.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix room temp cream cheese with drained green chilies
3. Spread on bottom of 8X8 glass Pyrex dish sprayed with cooking spray
4. Mix refried beans, cumin, chili powder and onion powder
5. Spread bean mixture on top of cream cheese mixture
6. Spread drained Rotel on top of beans
7. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes until nice and bubbly
8. Once out of the oven top with olives, cilantro and Taco Bell sauce.
Rachel Marion is a lifelong resident of Marshall County and works for Thornton Properties, LLC, in Guntersville as the office manager. She is married to Tom Marion and lives in Arab with their two dogs, Hector and Lola. She has an expansive cookbook collection, follows dozens of food blogs and when she isn’t cooking, she is thinking about cooking. She was raised in a home surround by yummy food made by the loving hands of her grandmother and mother. Nothing says love to her more than filling the bellies of her loved ones and making great memories while doing it.