Tuesday, Jan. 21
• Art on the Lake, an annual two-day arts and crafts festival in Guntersville, is now accepting applications from artists and vendors who wish to exhibit in the show. This 59th annual event will be held Saturday and Sunday, April 18 & 19. For more information regarding exhibitor application, please contact: Kathy Reed 256-582-1534; firstname.lastname@example.org or visit artonthelake-guntersville.com.
• Kala Clontz’s exhibit will be at the Mountain Valley Arts Council throughout January. Stop by the gallery to view her photography and paintings. For more information, visit mvacarts.org.
Thursday, Jan. 23
• Albertville Chamber’s Winter Growth Session No. 2 – Direct Family Care at noon. This Growth Session will be facilitated by Dr. Charisse Jordan of B&A Primary Care. To reserve a spot email email@example.com or call 256-878-3821. There is no cost to chamber members; $15 for future members. Lunch will be sponsored by Jack’s.
• Meet and greet event with the Sand Mountain Park and Amphitheater staff at the Albertville Chamber of Commerce from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 26
• Singing at Sylvania Baptist Church at 5:30 p.m. featuring The Jordan Family Band. Pastor Starling and the church extend a warm welcome to all.
Thursday, Jan. 30
• Henryville United Methodist Church in Guntersville is doing a pre-sale for soup and sausage balls for Super Bowl weekend. Pick up will be from 9-11 a.m. Place orders by Jan. 30 and pay at the church from 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday. Call Kelly Jones at 256-582-1554 or 256-572-6577 to learn more about pricing and other information.
Tuesday, Feb. 4
• Marshall County Republican Club meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Wintzell’s Restaurant in Guntersville with guest speaker Tommy Tuberville, candidate for U.S. Senate seat.
Thursday, Feb. 6
• Albertville’s State of the City Breakfast, to be held at Albertville Parks & Recreation Center (Old National Guard Armory) 505 E. McKinney Ave., begins at 8 a.m.
Friday, Feb. 7
• Marshall Technical School’s Cosmetology Fashion Show — hair, make-up and fashion by the students. This year’s “Celebration of Life” themed show will take place at the Claysville School Gym, located at 140 Claysville School Rd. in Guntersville, at 6 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 27
• Business After Hours Mardi Gras Style - Local Joe’s at Hammer’s Hall 5 - 6:30 p.m.