Entrances to Sand Mountain Park and Amphitheater (SMPA) are taking shape.
During its recent meeting, the Albertville City Council approved Resolution No. 1653-19 to award the bid for Edmondson Street improvements to Wiregrass Construction. After the improvements are made, Councilman Ben McGowan said Edmondson Street would have turn lanes and be the main entrance to SMPA.
“That whole road is being widened,” McGowan said. “They’ll be able to come down Edmondson and turn left and go straight in to the park.”
According to City of Albertville Director of Purchasing and Personnel Mike Brewer, the Wiregrass Construction bid “came in on budget.”
Also for SMPA, the council authorized Chambliss King Architects and Brewer to solicit bids for furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E), operating supplies and equipment (OS&E) and site signage. Before he could supply the council with a rough estimate on the site signage, Brewer said he would have to receive the bid package. But, he said the expenditure was properly budgeted for.
In other business, the council:
• Approved Ordinance No. 1644-19 to annex property located at 1830 Brashers Chapel into the city limits.
• Approved Ordinance No. 1647-19 to rezone the property located at 2323 Alabama Highway 205 South from B-2 — fringe commercial to R-1 — single-family residential.
• Approved Resolution No. 1648-19 to approve an application for airport improvement funding for fiscal year 2019-2020.
• Approved Resolution No. 1649-19 to award a bid for the purchase of rock to C.A. Langford for fiscal year 2019-2020.
• Approved Resolution No. 1650-19 to award a bid for the purchase of plastic pipe to S&S Wholesale for fiscal year 2019-2020.
• Approved Resolution No. 1651-19 to award a bid for the purchase of gasoline and diesel fuel to JAT Oil for fiscal year 2019-2020.
• Approved Resolution No. 1652-19 to award a bid for the purchase of general lubricants to McPherson Oil Company and RelaDyne for fiscal year 2019-2020.