Tuesday, Feb. 25
• Art on the Lake, an annual two-day arts and crafts festival in Guntersville, is accepting applications from artists and vendors. It will be held April 18-19. For more information, please contact: Kathy Reed 256-582-1534; firstname.lastname@example.org or visit artonthelake-guntersville.com.
• Join the Guntersville Beautification and Tree Commission, the 2020 Marshall County Leadership Class and Whole Backstage board members for an Arbor Day Celebration Tree Planting, 11 a.m., at the Whole Backstage Theatre, 1120 Rayburn Ave. in Guntersville. For more information, contact the Whole Backstage Theatre at 256-582-7469.
Saturday, Feb. 29
• The Marshall County Young Democrats will host a Doug Jones training event for people interested in volunteering for the Doug Jones Campaign at the Guntersville Public Library Annex (building behind the library) 11 a.m.
Sunday, March 1
• Liberty Baptist Church in Crossville will host Joseph Habedank at 5 p.m. For more information, call 256-659-4315.
Sunday-Wednesday, March 1-4
• There will be a Revival at Macedonia #2 Baptist Church, located at 1092 County Road 34 in Crossville, with Sunday morning service at 11 a.m. and each night service will be at 6:30 p.m. Rev. Lewayne Levans said, “Everyone is welcome.”
Saturday, March 7
• The fundraiser for Marshall County Homeplace - Celebrity Feud will be at 6 p.m. at the Guntersville Town Hall. Tickets are $50 each. There will be heavy hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar. Tickets are available at Home Place Thrift Store, located at 1540 Blount Ave. in Guntersville. For more information, call 256-960-5058.
• The Rainsville Church of God invites everyone to their upcoming Comedy Dinner Theater at 6pm. Tickets are $20 each and includes dinner and entertainment by Aunt Mable out of Georgia. All profits will be used to support orphans and widows through Love First Missions. To purchase tickets or questions, call the church office at 256-638-7509. You may also leave questions on their Facebook page.
• Shepherd’s Cove Hospice Race to Remember: 6:30 a.m. at Albertville High School.
Sunday, March 8
• There will be a Gospel Singing at the Union FCM Church in Boaz at 6 p.m. with guest singers The Believers.
Tuesday, March 10
• CyberSafe - presented by Snead State Community College’s workforce development will be 8 a.m. to noon. $99 per person - Albertville Aviation College registration deadline is Feb. 27.
• The 4-year-old pre-K is now open (Part 1 — Now; Part 2 — end of February). Students must live inside the city limits of Albertville. All steps must be completed by Wednesday, March 18. The random drawing will be held Monday, March 30, at 1 p.m. at Albertville Kindergarten and Pre-K. Attendance for the drawing is not required. Part 1: Alabama First Class Pre-Registration for Pre-K — alprek.asapconnected.com/. For more information visit children.alabama.gov/. Part 2: Albertville City Schools (opens Feb. 5) — albertk12.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=372481&type=d. For more information, contact Albertville Kindergarten and Pre-K at 256-878-7922. For the enrollment office, call 256-894-5061.
• The Boaz Square Dance Club invites the community to a free night of dancing on Feb. 18 and Feb. 25. For information, call Keith Branham at 256-706-0355.
• The Marshall County Veterans Service Office (VSO) will be closed on Thursdays beginning in February in order to help the Etowah County VSO office. VSO services will resume normal business operations when personnel shortages are filled.
• RSVP is moving. After 47 years of being in the heart of downtown Guntersville, the office will be moving just across the river bridge next to the county park, located at 19272 US Hwy 431, in Guntersville. Contact RSVP by email, email@example.com, or call 256-571-7734 or fax 256-571-7775. RSVP looks forward to welcoming to its new home.
• Every Wednesday, Rock Springs Baptist Church, located at 97 Rock Springs Rd. in Albertville invites ages 0-12th grade for its weekly AWANA program from 6:15-7:45 p.m. Dinner is provided. There is also adult Bible study.
• Every Wednesday, North Broad Street Church of Christ’s Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. in Albertville.
• Every Sunday, North Broad Street Church of Christ’s Bible Study at 9:30 a.m.; Sunday worship service at 10:30 a.m. in Albertville.
• Come enjoy fellowship with other seniors, games and a nutritious meal each week at the Douglas Senior Center, located at 335 Stadium Circle in Douglas. Open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. with exercise equipment, quilting, pool table, sewing machines and a computer. Bus transportation is available. For more information call, 246-840-1440.
• The DAV, Frank L. Bradford Chapter 18 of the Marshall County meets on the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. at the Episcopal Church of the Epiphany, 1101 Sunset Dr., Guntersville.
• The InsideOut Ostomy Support Group meets the second Sunday of each month at 2 p.m. in the Marshall Cancer Care Center. For more information about InsideOut, call the Cancer Care Center at 256-894-6750.
•The Marshall County Guardianship Program serving disabled and aging adults. Call 256-388-9851 for more information.
•The Golden Agers Group of the North Broad Street Church of Christ in Albertville meet each Tuesday at 10 a.m. for Bible Study and Fellowship in the church’s Fellowship Hall. Bro. Tom Scott is the teacher.
•RSVP will be offering these opportunities this February: Genealogy Open Lab - Fridays from 9:30-11 a.m. and 1-on-1 Computer Help for $5 per session. Bring a flash drive to all computer classes. Please come by to sign up, and for more information, call 256-571-7734.
•The Marshall County Caregiver Support Group meets the first Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m.-noon. at the Guntersville First United Methodist Church, 609 Blount Ave. The group is for those caring for loved ones with dementia, Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease.
•Lakeside Quilters Club meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at the Church of the Epiphany on Sunset Dr. in Guntersville at 9 a.m. The club sometimes has demonstrations of new techniques in quilting and related subjects. Anyone is welcome to come join us and have fun.
•RSVP Chorus meets on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. - New members welcome! Come join the fun and fellowship, no auditions. Need tenors, basses, sopranos and altos. To register you must come to RSVP and pay, or mail fees to 1805 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL 35976, before added to the class roster. For more information call RSVP, 256-571-7734.
•RSVP Ukesters - Want to learn the Ukulele or want to play with a uke group? RSVP Ukesters would like for you to join them Thursday afternoons at 1:00pm. For more information call RSVP, 256-571-7734.
•Diabetic? Ask your doctor to refer you to Marshall Medical Centers’ free Diabetes Management classes. Held monthly, classes are led by a nurse and a registered dietician. They provide information on the medical side of the disease. Classes are held in the third-floor classroom in the Medical Plaza next door to Marshall North. For more information, call 256-571-8052.
•Are you new to Medicare? Marshall County Council on Aging offers the help you need. Our counselors can answer your questions about Medigap and prescription Part D insurance and help you understand your Medicare benefits. You may be eligible for other benefits and helpful programs in your area. Call 256-571-7805 for an appointment.
•Highpoint Homemakers is seeking new members for food, fellowship, education and community service. We support many local organizations such as Cancer Center, Shepherd’s Cove and Second Chance Animal Shelter. We are associated with Alabama Homemaker’s and Community Leaders as well as the Country Women’s Council USA (CWC) which is a coordinating council composed of Associated Women of the World (ACWW). This organization promotes international understanding through projects to combat poverty, educate, preservation of health, etc. These projects include Pennies for Friendship and Letter Friends through specialized agencies in the United States. We meet once a month on the second Tuesday of each month at Douglas Senior Center. Each month we have lunch and educational programs as well as a great time. For more information please contact Susan Beck at 256-572-1803 or Genell Cobb at 256-279-3933.
•The Marshall County Caregiver Support Group meets the first Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. at Guntersville First United Methodist Church, 609 Blount Ave. The group is for those caring for loved ones with dementia, Alzheimer or Parkinson’s disease.