With the launch of Peoples Independent Bank’s (PIB) first mobile app, customers can now access their account information with the tap of a button.
After several requests, the bank introduced the app in June. PIB Marketing Officer and Administrative Assistant Kelly Adams said the app, which is available to download in the Google Play store and Apple app store, is “very user friendly.”
“I like the app for the easy access and the convenience of having the information, such as bill pay and statements, at my fingertips,” Adams said. “Most will like having the ability to deposit a check with the Mobile Deposit feature.”
Access to utilize the Mobile Deposit feature must be requested. To gain access, log into the Mobile Banking feature inside the app and choose the Messages tab. In Messages, send a message to “Admins” with “Request for Mobile Deposit” in the subject line. Nothing has to be entered in the message field. Once the message is submitted, a response to the request should be received within two business days.
Guidelines for Mobile Deposit are as follows:
• Cut off time for Mobile Deposit transactions is 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
• Items to be deposited must be endorsed correctly. A PIB Mobile Deposit endorsement should contain a signature followed by "For PIB Mobile Deposit only." (Some checks have a box on the back to mark if the check is a mobile deposit. Some checks may have wording such as "For Mobile Deposit Only To:_____.” PIB should be written in that space.)
• The maximum amount that can be deposited in a single day through Mobile Deposit is $2,000, unless approved for a higher limit.
• Once a mobile deposit is made, store the check in a safe place. After reviewing statements carefully and confirming that the deposit has posted to one’s account, customers should destroy the original scanned check by shredding it or cutting it up. Checks can also be taken to one’s local office where they will be placed in secure shred bins.
• Customers are encouraged to set up Mobile Deposit Alerts within their online banking profile. The alerts will notify when a mobile deposit has been approved or rejected, processed, and when the funds are available.
Customers also have access to a loan calculator, debt management calculator, mortgage calculator and savings/retirement calculator. The Mobile Banking feature within the app includes access to account transfers and bill payments.
Adams said the app has enhanced accessibility for customers through its login options.
“They can use the biometric recognition, either by [fingerprint] or by facial recognition for their login, if applicable,” she said. “This way you are not trying to remember numerous passwords or pins.”
For more information, contact the nearest PIB office, log onto pibonline.com or call 256-593-8844. PIB has locations in Boaz, Douglas, Fyffe, Gurley, Hokes Bluff, Powell, Scottsboro, Steele and Sylvania.